Currently, there are three real Nintendo 3DS Emulators: Citra, 3dmoo, and TronDS. These emulators are real, however, the emulations are not perfect as the 3DS's security has just been cracked (and there are still some elements not yet cracked that certain games utilize) and the hardware on it is still not fully understood. Therefor, although a few commercial games are playable on Citra and 3dmoo (as of now, TronDS can only play homebrew games), they are extremely laggy (virtually unplayable) and most games don't start at all. It is unlikely we will see fluent and somewhat decent gameplay in 2015. For now however, it's possible to emulate a small number of games slowly on these emulators, which is quite a feat in itself.
The list of 3DS games are below. Please note that although the games are ON this page, they might not have been fully tested yet. Certain games will obviously perform better and more games will become playable as more and more updates come through, so the list is constantly updating and changing. Keep checking back if your game does not work, is slow, or is not tested.
- - 5 stars: Plays perfectly with no issues at all.
- - 4 stars: Playable, with minor audio or graphical glitches, or both.
- - 3 stars: In-game, may play fine but with some bad graphical issues or audio problems, or both. Might crash frequently.
- - 2 stars: Menu/intro, Can see the intro and possibly the start screen, but crashes when loading the game.
- - 1 star: Unplayable: Games that either don't boot at all or boot to a black screen.
- - Untested: Untested - not tested yet, may or may not be playable.
|Name||Release Date||Developers||Publishers||Citra Compatibility||3dmoo Compatibility||TronDS Compatibility|
|Super Mario Bros Deluxe||Nintendo|